Cocktails & Conversation with Kristina McMorris
Thursday, November 15th
6:00- 7:00 PM
Join us for a wonderful evening of Cocktails & Conversation with KRISTINA McMORRIS, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author.
Sold on a Monday, a powerful story of love, redemption and the paths that bring us home.
“[McMorris] creates a believable world...all while perfectly capturing the flavor of the period.
A sweeping yet intimate novel that will please both romantics and lovers of American history.”
Since its release in August, Sold on a Monday has skyrocketed to national best selling lists. Don't miss the opportunity to meet Kristina and grab your personalized copy at Buxton Books!
The Story of The Biltmore with Denise Kiernan
Sunday, November 18th
5:00- 6:00 PM
We are honored to host best-selling author, historian, journalist, writer, and producer Denise Kiernan for a discussion on her extraordinary novel, The Last Castle - the fascinating true story behind the magnificent Gilded Age mansion Biltmore.
Praise for Denise Kiernan’s
The Last Castle:
“She brings the place to life... engaging.”
- The Wall Street Journal
“Both intimate and sweeping.”
-Raleigh News & Observer
“A soaring and gorgeous American story.”
- best-selling author Karen Abbott
Denise will begin her discussion shortly after 5 PM on Sunday the 18th.
Hot cider and wine will be provided, so join us for a wonderful Sunday evening after your holiday shopping! Discussion with Denise is a great way to end your weekend and start your week.
Past Event Highlights
- Mar 24, 2018 The Joy of Hats with Archie Burkel
- Apr 5, 2018 Imagine What Tomorrow Holds: South Carolina Ports Authority 75 Years
- Apr 7, 2018 High Tea with Kristy Woodson Harvey
- Apr 18, 2018 Rebound Bus Tour with Kwame Alexander
- Apr 26, 2018 Tyquan Morton - Remembering Pluto
- Apr 27, 2018 Author Luncheon with Peter Golden (at Congress Restaurant in Mt. Pleasant)
- May 2, 2018 Palmettos & Pluff Mud: Tales of a Lost Lowcountry Life with S. Guilds Hollowell Jr.
- May 19, 2018 Susan Boyer's Pre-Publication Celebration for Lowcountry Bookshop
- May 24, 2018 Mary Alice Monroe Beach House Reunion Launch at the SC Aquarium
- May 30, 2018 The Worst Thing & Carolina Crimes in Charleston
- May 31, 2018 Reception for Horace Mungin - Piccolo Spoleto Poetry Series
- June 2018
- July 2018
- Aug 2, 2018 – Aug 3, 2018 Lowcountry Mental Health Conference
- Sep 2, 2018 Signe Pike's "The Lost Queen" Prelaunch Party at the Harbor Club
- Sep 6, 2018 Wine, Women, & Wisdom: Celebrating "The Glass Ocean"
- Sep 12, 2018 Second Chance at Two Love Lane - Book Release Party
- Sep 19, 2018 Reception for Lisa Patton
- Sep 21, 2018 Swing, Hard Bop, Bop & Bebop - Book Release Party
- Sep 26, 2018 ETV presents: The Great American Read and Down by the River Screenings
- Oct 1, 2018 Damon Fordham Storytelling at MOJA
- Oct 2, 2018 Literary Corner with Tayari Jones
- Oct 3, 2018 Poetry and Storytelling with Horace Mungin at MOJA
- Oct 4, 2018 Coffee With the Author: Dick Wall
- Oct 7, 2018 Tea & Chocolate with Dorothy St. James
- Oct 14, 2018 Story Time with Melissa Conroy
- Oct 18, 2018 Launch Party for Chef Jennifer Brule
- Oct 23, 2018 Brian Hicks, In Darkest South Carolina, book release party
- Oct 28, 2018 Becoming Mrs. Lewis, Book Talk and Tea with Author Patti Callahan
- November 2018
- Dec 4, 2018 Merry, Bright & Boozy with The Cocktail Bandits
- Jan 27, 2019 Wild Dunes Author Series